GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A Goldsboro teenager is facing a dozen sexual exploitation charges after he “created and possessed images and videos of young juveniles” that were “sexually explicit,” Wayne County deputies say.
An investigation was started in August into child pornography, according to a Sunday news release from the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office.
Detectives later discovered photos and videos that were “determined to be sexually explicit in nature,” the news release said.
David Allen Horne, 17, of Goldsboro was charged with 11 counts of third-degree sexual exploitation of a minor and one count of first-degree sexual exploitation of minor.
Horne is being held at the Wayne County Detention Center on a $500,000 secured bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office Special Victims Unit was involved in the investigation.
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now