BROGDEN, N.C. (WNCN) — A suspect is on the run after a teenager was killed in a shooting early Saturday morning in Wayne County, deputies say.
The incident was reported as a “shots fired” call around 3:20 a.m. in the area of Odom Farm Circle and Camp Trailee Road, just east of Brogden, according to Wayne County Sheriff’s Capt. Shawn Harris.
When deputies arrived they “found a victim in the pathway on Camp Trailee Road,” a news release from Harris said.
Damien Donall Dancy, 17, of nearby Running Deer Circle was later identified as the person who died, the news release said.
“The victim appeared to have died from a gunshot wound, but will have to be confirmed by an autopsy,” Harris said in the news release.
Anyone with information about the homicide is asked to call the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office at 919-731-1480 or Crime Stoppers at 919-735-2255.
- 2 dead after Navy plane crashes in Alabama neighborhood
- NC woman charged with murder after Davison County baby dies following methadone exposure
- 19-year-old killed, 14-year-old injured after shooting in Robeson County
- 2 dead in Alabama naval aircraft crash
- Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run, Raleigh police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now