BROGDEN, N.C. (WNCN) — A suspect is on the run after a teenager was killed in a shooting early Saturday morning in Wayne County, deputies say.
The incident was reported as a “shots fired” call around 3:20 a.m. in the area of Odom Farm Circle and Camp Trailee Road, just east of Brogden, according to Wayne County Sheriff’s Capt. Shawn Harris.
When deputies arrived they “found a victim in the pathway on Camp Trailee Road,” a news release from Harris said.
Damien Donall Dancy, 17, of nearby Running Deer Circle was later identified as the person who died, the news release said.
“The victim appeared to have died from a gunshot wound, but will have to be confirmed by an autopsy,” Harris said in the news release.
Anyone with information about the homicide is asked to call the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office at 919-731-1480 or Crime Stoppers at 919-735-2255.
- Former Green Hope QB looking for fresh start at junior college level
- 8 arrested, including mother and her 4 children, for allegedly stealing $1.1 million in unemployment benefits fraud scheme
- Durham hotel will be used to quarantine offenders being released from prison
- Man arrested, woman hospitalized after hostage situation in Raleigh neighborhood, police say
- Start of year-round school in Cumberland County postponed
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now