GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A staple in the Goldsboro community since 1962, Wilber’s Barbecue will reopen under new management after being closed since March.
On Friday, Nov. 8, a group of local investors by the name of Goldpit Partners, LLC, purchased Wilber’s Barbecue.
In March, after 57 years, the restaurant closed its doors, due to financial issues. Goldpit Partners, LLC, stepped in to revive the eatery.
“All parties involved in Goldpit are thrilled the sale of Wilber’s has closed so it can continue its North Carolina tradition of serving the state’s best barbecue,” said Jeutter. “Goldpit will now focus their attention on beginning restoration to the historic Wilber’s building in the coming weeks with plans to resume operations and reopen in Spring 2020.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham Public Schools opts to continue remote learning through end of semester
- Louisville officer shooting suspect will face charges of assault, wanton endangerment
- Durham police car involved in crash while trying to stop armed robbery suspect
- Florida woman spent murder GoFundMe donations on shopping, bills, deputies say
- Senator proposes bill requiring states count and report federal election ballots within 24 hours
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now