GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A staple in the Goldsboro community since 1962, Wilber’s Barbecue will reopen under new management after being closed since March.
On Friday, Nov. 8, a group of local investors by the name of Goldpit Partners, LLC, purchased Wilber’s Barbecue.
In March, after 57 years, the restaurant closed its doors, due to financial issues. Goldpit Partners, LLC, stepped in to revive the eatery.
“All parties involved in Goldpit are thrilled the sale of Wilber’s has closed so it can continue its North Carolina tradition of serving the state’s best barbecue,” said Jeutter. “Goldpit will now focus their attention on beginning restoration to the historic Wilber’s building in the coming weeks with plans to resume operations and reopen in Spring 2020.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- You can get a free Firehouse sub if your name is Michael, Marquita or Michelle
- Florida man recorded by neighbor beating dog unconscious, police say
- Thunberg ‘a bit surprised’ to be Time ‘Person of the Year’
- ‘He was our baby’: Family devastated after veterinarian euthanizes wrong dog
- Colorful crosswalks not sitting well with some in Durham
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now