GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A staple in the Goldsboro community since 1962, Wilber’s Barbecue will reopen under new management after being closed since March.
On Friday, Nov. 8, a group of local investors by the name of Goldpit Partners, LLC, purchased Wilber’s Barbecue.
In March, after 57 years, the restaurant closed its doors, due to financial issues. Goldpit Partners, LLC, stepped in to revive the eatery.
“All parties involved in Goldpit are thrilled the sale of Wilber’s has closed so it can continue its North Carolina tradition of serving the state’s best barbecue,” said Jeutter. “Goldpit will now focus their attention on beginning restoration to the historic Wilber’s building in the coming weeks with plans to resume operations and reopen in Spring 2020.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Do’s and Don’ts for pets on Thanksgiving
- California inmates tied to ‘staggering’ jobless aid scam worth over $140 million
- Caretakers return from remote Hawaiian islands to changed world amid pandemic
- Man says he stole heavy-duty batteries from Tennessee cell phone towers to fuel his drug habit
- With worsening COVID-19 pandemic, a growing concern about medical debt