GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – The suspect who police said shot a man inside a Goldsboro nightclub early Sunday morning has been arrested by U.S. Marshals.
Leamon Corderius Holmes, 33, was wanted in connection with the shooting at “Studio 117” in Goldsboro on Sunday.
Goldsboro police said officers were called to the nightclub around 2:30 a.m. following the report of a disturbance.
Holmes and Quinton Deonte Atkinson, 33, got into a fight in the club, according to police.
During the fight, Holmes pulled out a handgun and shot Atkinson in the leg, police said.
Atkinson has since been released from the hospital.
U.S. Marshals tracked Holmes to Wilson where they took him into custody late Tuesday on Gold Street, police said.
He was transported to Wayne County where he was served with warrants for attempted first-degree murder and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
He’s being held under a $510,000 bond and will appear in court Wednesday at 1:30 p.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- AAA tips on how to keep your car running well while unused during pandemic
- Clayton nursing home workers concerned after resident tests positive for COVID-19
- US extends $350B lifeline to small businesses
- Despite beautiful weekend weather ahead, Cooper urges NC residents not to make beach trips
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now