BUCK SWAMP, N.C. (WNCN) – Wayne County deputies are investigating the death of a pregnant woman found in a crashed vehicle as a homicide, according to a press release.
Cassia Renee Duval, 29, was found dead in a vehicle Wednesday night near the intersection of Pikeville-Princeton and Nahunta roads.
Duval’s death was a homicide, according to preliminary findings from the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office.
Duval was pregnant at the time of her death. The fetus didn’t survive, the release said.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office said there is no safety concern for residents.
The North Carolina State Highway Patrol also investigated the incident Wednesday night.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mom warns of dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after son dies after a day on the lake
- 100+ firefighters extinguish large fire at former school in Wendell
- Durham man busted with ‘Gray Death’ drugs after 120 mph chase on I-95, Nash County sheriff says
- 1 dead in 2-vehicle crash in Durham, police say
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now