BUCK SWAMP, N.C. (WNCN) – Wayne County deputies are investigating the death of a pregnant woman found in a crashed vehicle as a homicide, according to a press release.
Cassia Renee Duval, 29, was found dead in a vehicle Wednesday night near the intersection of Pikeville-Princeton and Nahunta roads.
Duval’s death was a homicide, according to preliminary findings from the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office.
Duval was pregnant at the time of her death. The fetus didn’t survive, the release said.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office said there is no safety concern for residents.
The North Carolina State Highway Patrol also investigated the incident Wednesday night.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘A miracle’ plane did not catch fire after 3 students, pilot injured in Cumberland County crash
- Wake Tech programs help train, re-train workforce for technical jobs
- ‘So, so scary’ — 3 killed in 2 separate shootings in Raleigh in just hours
- North Carolina Breaking News Facebook page under fire for spreading ‘fake news’
- Large explosion in Franklin County after blasting caps found in barn set for demolition
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now