GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – Wayne County deputies charged a man with murder after a pregnant woman was found dead in a crashed car on Jan. 29 in Goldsboro, according to a news release from the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office.
James Isaac Jones Jr., 33, of 304 Sweeten Branch Dr. in Pikeville, was arrested without incident on Thursday. He is charged in the death of 29-year-old Cassia Renee Duval and her unborn child, according to the release.
Jones Jr. and Duval lived together at the Sweeten Branch Drive residence, the sheriff’s office said.
Duval was found dead in a vehicle on Jan. 29 at the intersection of Pikeville-Princeton and Nahunta roads.
Duval was the manager at the Waffle House off North Berkeley Boulevard in Goldsboro. She was better known there as Renee or Nana.
A GoFundMe has been started in Duval’s honor. Donate here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Navy fires captain who sought help for virus-stricken aircraft carrier
- Myrtle Beach’s spring bike week will be combined with the fall rally in October
- SC restaurant delivers free pizza to seniors during virus coronavirus pandemic
- Congress mulls more aid after nearly 10 million file for unemployment in last 2 weeks
- Kentucky is putting ankle monitors on COVID-19 patients who ignore self-isolation order
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now