GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — Authorities say a Wendell woman died in a two-car wreck on Ten Ten Road Saturday night in Wake County.
The wreck happened around 9:30 p.m. along Ten Ten Road just west of Johnson Pond Road, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
Vaiden Kimball, 27, of Wendell died in the crash, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
Kimball was the mother of a young son and worked at a Raleigh day care.
A person in the other car was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The wreck happened as Kimball was driving east on Ten Ten Road, crossed the center line and collided with a car heading in the opposite direction, the highway patrol said.
The crash closed Ten Ten Road for hours as troopers investigated the scene, which is about midway between Apex and Garner.
Kimball was not wearing a seatbelt in the crash, officials said. Information about seat restraints for others in the wreck was not available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 31 people tested in COVID-19 outbreak at Clayton nursing home; some workers walked out last week
- ‘I’ve got to be there for them,’ says Raleigh hospice certified nursing assistant
- ‘Memories are everything’: Cleveland product Caiden Norman treasures role with ECU despite limited playing chances
- 1-year-old shot in head in NC town, police say
- Duke law student recovers from coronavirus, wants others to learn from his experience
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now