GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — Authorities say a Wendell woman died in a two-car wreck on Ten Ten Road Saturday night in Wake County.
The wreck happened around 9:30 p.m. along Ten Ten Road just west of Johnson Pond Road, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
Vaiden Kimball, 27, of Wendell died in the crash, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
Kimball was the mother of a young son and worked at a Raleigh day care.
A person in the other car was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The wreck happened as Kimball was driving east on Ten Ten Road, crossed the center line and collided with a car heading in the opposite direction, the highway patrol said.
The crash closed Ten Ten Road for hours as troopers investigated the scene, which is about midway between Apex and Garner.
Kimball was not wearing a seatbelt in the crash, officials said. Information about seat restraints for others in the wreck was not available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Bus drivers quitting after school district returns to virtual learning: ‘It’s out of my control’
- Group gathers to support Wendell store owner cited over COVID-19 face mask rules
- Woman crashes car into ex-boyfriend’s home, tries to run over his new girlfriend, police say
- NC police investigating after person found dead near Walmart
- Tractor-trailer hauling 200 pigs crashes, catches fire on I-95 in Virginia