WILSON, N.C. (WNCN) – An employee with the NCDMV shot a person who following a robbery at the Wilson Senior Center early Wednesday, police said.
Wilson officers were called to the Wilson Senior Center just before 8 a.m. in response to an assault and robbery in place.
“Persons related to the assault/robbery” went to the Department of Motor Vehicles office next door to the Senior Center and spoke with employees there, police said.
As DMV License and Theft Investigators were looking into the robbery, they were involved in a shooting in the 600 block of Jordan Street – which is approximately a mile from the scene of the reported robbery.
The SBI confirmed to CBS 17 that a person is dead following the shooting.
Police had an area around Jordan and Meadow streets blocked off with crime scene tape.
Wilson officers remain on the scene at the Wilson Senior Center.
“The Wilson Police Department is assisting the NCDMV and NCSBI with scene control regarding the officer-involved shooting at this time,” police said in a release.
The Wilson Police Department is encouraging anyone with information regarding this case to contact the Wilson Police Department at 252-399-2323 or Crime Stoppers at 252-243-2255.
CBS 17 has a crew on the way to the scene and will update this story as it develops.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
- Slain UPS driver’s family questions police response to chase after truck hijacked
- Actor Ron Leibman dead at 82; starred in ‘Norma Rae’ with Sally Field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now