ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WNCN) — A female pedestrian died after she was involved in a hit-and-run vehicle crash Saturday night in Rocky Mount, police say.
The incident was reported around 9:30 p.m. in the 2200 block of Hunter Hill Road, according to a news release from Rocky Mount police.
The initial report was about a woman lying in the street.
When police arrived, they found a woman in the road who had been hit by a vehicle, the news release said.
“The vehicle did not remain at the scene,” the news release said.
Julia Uduma, 46, died, according to officers. Police said they are investigating the incident.
Police on Monday released an image of the make and model of vehicle they’re looking for in connection with the fatal crash.
Police said they believe the suspect vehicle is a 2018-2020 Toyota Camry SE with front-end damage. They’re not sure of what color the Camry is.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Rocky Mount police at 252-972-1431, police dispatch 252-972-1411 or Twin County Crime Stoppers at 252-977-1111.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Why is Twitter allowed to restrict what politicians and other users say online?
- Roanoke Rapids man’s body found in trunk of car during traffic stop, 4 arrested
- 2021 Inauguration Day schedule: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris take office Wednesday
- Duke, UNC both out of AP Top 25 for first time since 1982
- Celebrating iconic civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.