SANFORD, N.C. (AP) – Authorities say two suspects are in custody after a North Carolina woman was fatally wounded by a stray bullet while riding in a car.
Sanford police say 22-year-old Diamond Preosha Richardson was struck by a bullet about 7:45 p.m. Saturday.
The driver of the car took her to Central Carolina Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Police officers chased several males seen running from the area where the shots were fired, capturing 20-year-old Rayshawn Ahmik Donaldson and a 17-year-old juvenile.
Both are charged with first-degree murder and were being held without bond. Donaldson is scheduled for a court appearance Monday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- COVID-19 patient gets help from across the US thanks to Navy SEAL brother-in-law
- US students falling behind in math during pandemic, study finds
- At tiny rural hospitals, weary doctors treat friends, family
- Meet Charlotte, a Banded Huntsman Spider who found a home
- Disney honors Chadwick Boseman’s birthday with special ‘Black Panther’ opening