RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Ryan Blaney’s No. 12 racecar now includes Raleigh-based Advance Auto Parts. Blaney, a third-generation racer, grew up in High Point.
He said he’s thrilled to team up with a North Carolina company.
“It just kind of fits,” Blaney said. “You know, car parts on a race car. I mean, that partnership is what racing’s all about.”
Advance Auto Parts will be the key sponsor for four major NASCAR races as the company continues to add to the job market in the Triangle.
“We’re connecting the passion for racers with the passion for our field in terms of the 70,000 associates that we have at Advance Auto Parts,” said Jason McDonell with the company. “Linking the sport with Auto Parts directly, and literally helping people on and off the track.”
Blaney also sees this partnership as an assurance that racing and NASCAR are going strong.
“That just shows the strength of it right now. The strength in our sport and big companies wanting to be a part of it, and that really makes not only myself feel good, but the whole Team Penske feel good, too,” he said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- SC teacher fired after ‘inexcusable’ Facebook post
- Police investigating Virginia in-home day care after 2 children found unresponsive, later died
- Man battling COVID-19 texts mom ‘Thank you for everything’ before going into coma
- Gov. Cooper says NC, US flags should fly at half-staff in honor of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- CDC issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now