WOODFIN, N.C. (CNN Newsource) – A couple in North Carolina is building an AirBnb “to rule them all.”
Mike Parrish and his wife are building a “Hobbit hole” home based on the ones in the “Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit” books and movies.
The 800-sq. ft., one-bed, one-bath home is about 90 percent underground.
It includes a Hobbit hole’s signature round wood door.
THE 800-SQUARE-FOOT, ONE-BED, ONE-BATH HOME IS ABOUT 90-PERCENT UNDERGROUND.
“I’m not just a casual fan, I’m a huge fan,” said owner Mike Parrish. “We’re coming up with what we hope will be the coolest hobbit home on the East Coast.”
The Hobbit hole home is expected to be finished in about two months.
Parrish and his wife haven’t decided how much they’ll charge per night to stay there.
- North Carolina’s most misspelled word according to Google
- IRS now sending millions more additional stimulus checks
- 3 Durham men arrested in Rocky Mount shooting
- Newsfeed Now: Juneteenth becomes national holiday; Cave visitors experience rare fog phenomenon
- Neighborhood heroes alert family to burning home