WOODFIN, N.C. (CNN Newsource) – A couple in North Carolina is building an AirBnb “to rule them all.”
Mike Parrish and his wife are building a “Hobbit hole” home based on the ones in the “Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit” books and movies.
The 800-sq. ft., one-bed, one-bath home is about 90 percent underground.
It includes a Hobbit hole’s signature round wood door.
THE 800-SQUARE-FOOT, ONE-BED, ONE-BATH HOME IS ABOUT 90-PERCENT UNDERGROUND.
“I’m not just a casual fan, I’m a huge fan,” said owner Mike Parrish. “We’re coming up with what we hope will be the coolest hobbit home on the East Coast.”
The Hobbit hole home is expected to be finished in about two months.
Parrish and his wife haven’t decided how much they’ll charge per night to stay there.
- Raleigh residents anxious to rid rumbling, noise from preventive wastewater project blasting
- Violinist plays her instrument as surgeons remove brain tumor
- USDA finalizes new food stamp work requirements
- 2-year-old hugs pizza delivery driver not knowing he just lost his daughter
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now