SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) – A 39-year-old man was arrested and charged after deputies said he deliberately caused a scene by coughing on merchandise at the Walmart in Boiling Springs, South Carolina.
Video of the incident first surfaced on July 21.
Lt. Bobo with the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Kyle Christopher Arendell, of Spartanburg was charged with aggravated breach of peace and malicious injury to property in connection with the incident.
Arendell was arrested Thursday and bond was set at $6,000.
Walmart confirmed the incident took place Sunday at its store, located at 4000 Highway 9 in Boiling Springs.
A spokeswoman for Walmart gave the following statement via email:
“It’s unfortunate that a person would behave this way in our store. We appreciate our customers who take the health and safety of others seriously.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Missing man found dead in pond near Myrtle Beach
- $5,000 reward offered after ‘numerous’ guns stolen during Southern Pines break in
- Photo gallery: President Trump’s presidency
- Some Democrats upset stimulus checks are $1,400 and not $2,000
- NASA scientist discusses global temperatures and weather extremes