EAGLE SPRINGS, N.C. (WNCN) – A Moore County man is being held on a $500,000 bond after being arrested in connection with assaulting a woman, the sheriff’s office said Monday in a news release.
Sirilo Candido Estrada, 31, of Pinebluff, is charged with second-degree kidnapping, assault by strangulation, assault on a female, assault by pointing a gun, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and purchasing a firearm in violation of a domestic violence order.
The release said a female victim reported being assaulted and having a gun pointed at her.
“The crime was not a random act of violence and the victim knew her attacker,” the release read.
Estrada is due in court on Wednesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake Forest holds virtual July 4th fireworks show amid pandemic
- Eastbound lanes of US 64 closed in Wake County due to wreck, troopers say
- At Rushmore, Trump to say protesters seek to ‘defame’ heroes
- Violence mars Portland protests, frustrates Black community
- Boy killed, girl injured among 4 victims in Alabama mall shooting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now