JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A North Carolina man is accused of sexually assaulting a person at a birthday party, according to a Monday news release.
Onslow County deputies responded to the Onslow Memorial Hospital for a report of a sexual assault. The incident occurred at a birthday party hosted by the victim. It involved 29-year-old Jaime Amilcar Amaya forcing himself on the victim, the release said.
Amaya, a New Bern resident, was arrested Friday. He is charged with two counts of second-degree forcible sexual offense and sexual battery. He was taken to the Onslow County Detention Center under a $20,000 unsecured bond.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office at 910-455-3113.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Exhausted nurse photo goes viral: ‘Can we just give it up for nurses for a minute?’
- Police respond after person shot in foot at NC Walmart
- Boston College blows past NC State, 45-24
- VIDEO: Driver crashes head-on into van, witnesses keep him from leaving scene
- 600 turtles saved from poaching ring; 2 men arrested
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now