SUNSET BEACH, N.C. (WECT) – Sunset Beach police are investigating after a man was found dead in the ocean Friday morning.
According to Chief Ken Klamar, officers received a call around 6 a.m. about a male subject who was unresponsive in the surf just east of the Sunset Beach commercial fishing pier.
Police responded and pulled the body from the water. He was pronounced dead at the scene, Klamar said.
“Sunset Beach Police are continuing the investigation surrounding the circumstances of this unfortunate incident. The identity of the deceased is being withheld until the immediate family can be notified,” Klamar said in a news release.
No other details have been released.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
- Lee County high-speed vehicle chase ends with three arrests, involvement from numerous law enforcement agencies, sheriff says
- When will humans go extinct? These scientists have an answer
- Wake County Sheriff’s Office welcomes new therapy dog
- ‘Suspicious’ skull brings checked baggage to a halt at Salt Lake airport
- Death by distribution expansion signed into law Thursday, what NC leaders and advocates are saying