SUNSET BEACH, N.C. (WECT) – Sunset Beach police are investigating after a man was found dead in the ocean Friday morning.
According to Chief Ken Klamar, officers received a call around 6 a.m. about a male subject who was unresponsive in the surf just east of the Sunset Beach commercial fishing pier.
Police responded and pulled the body from the water. He was pronounced dead at the scene, Klamar said.
“Sunset Beach Police are continuing the investigation surrounding the circumstances of this unfortunate incident. The identity of the deceased is being withheld until the immediate family can be notified,” Klamar said in a news release.
No other details have been released.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
- Kidnapping suspect leads police on ‘lengthy’ chase in Wake County
- Walmart announces 2021 Black Friday shopping events: Take a look at what’s on sale
- Vigil held for one of 5 youths who died in Capital Boulevard crash in Raleigh
- Woman taken to hospital after shooting in Raleigh neighborhood
- NC State Fair attendance down by 70k over 1st 3 days compared to 2019