ROWLAND, N.C. (WBTW) – A man has died after a weekend shooting in Robeson County.
The shooting happened around 8:30 p.m. Saturday near the intersection of Leach Street and South Hickory Street in Rowland, according to Rowland Police Chief John Reaves. The victim was shot multiple times.
The victim died around 2:30 p.m. Monday at a hospital, Reaves said. No charges have been filed yet, but police have a person of interest.
The victim has been identified at Jameson McKinnon, 31.
- NC driver puts car in wrong gear, hitting 7 people, police say
- Fire at NC coast destroys beach house, 2 treated for heat-related illness
- 18 injured in fire aboard USS Bonhomme Richard at Naval Base San Diego
- Man dies while swimming at Outer Banks amid large rip current
- 3 dead in NC crash that splits car into 2 pieces, triggers fire
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now