MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) – A man was arrested Friday after he was accused of hitting a man’s backside in a Market Common hot spot and was later accused of leaving without paying his tab at a restaurant the next day.
Police arrested Michael Walden Jr., 40, Friday night for assault in the third degree, a report says.
The arrest came after Walden hit a man on the backside and said “Let’s go, there are girls out there,” while in the bathroom of 810 in Market Common, according to an arrest report.
The other man turned out to be an employee, saying “You don’t do that,” to Walden before they both left the bathroom.
Walden told police he didn’t mean it sexually or to hurt the employee. He said he was ‘just excited and being friendly,’ the report said. Walden also told police he only meant to hit the employee’s lower back, the report said.
The report said Walden was to have a bond hearing Saturday morning.
Police responded Saturday night to another Market Common establishment – Nacho Hippo – after someone walked out on their $41.75 tab.
Police were told the offender had done this before and that he was arrested the night before for assault at 810, officers said. The report said the same officer arrested Walden Friday, so he knew it was the same person.
The report said warrants would be sought for Walden in Saturday’s incident.
- NC reports 1,167 COVID-19 cases, 1 new death with sharp jump in cases
- NC mom abandoned baby in plastic bag at church parking lot, deputies say
- NC man stole SUV after killing mom, grandparents in shooting, deputies say
- Wake County contractor positive for COVID-19; 16 healthcare workers exposed and symptomatic, officials say
- Country music singer Joe Diffie dies from COVID-19 complications