MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) – A man was arrested Friday after he was accused of hitting a man’s backside in a Market Common hot spot and was later accused of leaving without paying his tab at a restaurant the next day.
Police arrested Michael Walden Jr., 40, Friday night for assault in the third degree, a report says.
The arrest came after Walden hit a man on the backside and said “Let’s go, there are girls out there,” while in the bathroom of 810 in Market Common, according to an arrest report.
The other man turned out to be an employee, saying “You don’t do that,” to Walden before they both left the bathroom.
Walden told police he didn’t mean it sexually or to hurt the employee. He said he was ‘just excited and being friendly,’ the report said. Walden also told police he only meant to hit the employee’s lower back, the report said.
The report said Walden was to have a bond hearing Saturday morning.
Police responded Saturday night to another Market Common establishment – Nacho Hippo – after someone walked out on their $41.75 tab.
Police were told the offender had done this before and that he was arrested the night before for assault at 810, officers said. The report said the same officer arrested Walden Friday, so he knew it was the same person.
The report said warrants would be sought for Walden in Saturday’s incident.
- Duke planning to host in-person spring graduation ceremony
- Help keep your community clean: Sign up now for NCDOT’s annual spring litter sweep
- ‘Symbol of hatred’: No charges after KKK flag hangs next door to Black family’s home
- Man accused of cutting out dog’s heart in ritual to clear demons from home
- DHHS to make rapid antigen COVID-19 tests available to public, charter K-12 schools