FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian who was killed after he was hit by a car on Friday in Fayetteville has been identified.
Officers responded to a vehicle crash involving a pedestrian at noon along Cliffdale Road at the Bunce Road intersection.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police.
Charles E. Mills, 31, of Allonby Road, was later identified as the victim, police said.
A 19-year-old woman, who was driving a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu involved in the crash, has not been charged, but police said the crash was still under investigation.
Cliffdale Road between 71st School Road and Pritchett Road was closed. Bunce Road between Old Bunce Road and Cliffdale Road was also closed.
- 1 juvenile dead, another wounded in NC shooting, police say
- VIDEO: Driver crashes car into NC sandwich shop
- Police: Body found near Norfolk Premium Outlets identified as missing 33-year-old woman
- Shaw University football team wraps up spring practice
- Durham community shaken after deadly shooting near Duke University