FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian who was killed after he was hit by a car on Friday in Fayetteville has been identified.
Officers responded to a vehicle crash involving a pedestrian at noon along Cliffdale Road at the Bunce Road intersection.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police.
Charles E. Mills, 31, of Allonby Road, was later identified as the victim, police said.
A 19-year-old woman, who was driving a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu involved in the crash, has not been charged, but police said the crash was still under investigation.
Cliffdale Road between 71st School Road and Pritchett Road was closed. Bunce Road between Old Bunce Road and Cliffdale Road was also closed.
- Person asking for directions has vehicle stolen at gunpoint, Raleigh police say
- End of an era: Crews to raise Durham’s famous ‘can opener’ bridge
- Many NC colleges, universities waiving application fees this week
- RECALL: Over 6,000 pounds of ready-to-eat meat sold at Walmart recalled nationwide
- Toddler girl shot in head is killed, mom wounded after shots fired into home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now