MARION COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) – A Marion County man has been arrested and charged in the shooting death of his 20-year-old son, officials say.
Jimmy Williams Sr., 64, was taken into custody on Thursday after a shooting on Biddie Court in Marion. Marion County deputies were called to the scene at about 1:30 a.m.
Jimmy Williams Jr., 20, of Marion, died from wounds in the shooting, according to authorities.
Williams Sr. also was charged with possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime.
- Man killed in Charlotte, marking city’s 100th homicide this year
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- ‘Absolutely devastating’: Last calf born to April the giraffe dies
- New US homes sought for 196 dogs rescued from South Korean meat farm
- WATCH: Firefighters rescue burned barn owl from massive California wildfire