HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A man shot his “longtime friend” in the face during a dispute last week just outside Hillsborough, officials say.
The incident happened early September 5 on Rencher Street, according to a news release from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities say that “an argument escalated” and that a 42-year-old man was shot by his friend, Jermaine Andrew Ramsey, 36.
The victim is recovering from a .40 caliber gunshot wound, the news release said.
Ramsey was arrested Saturday at the Greensboro airport Piedmont Triad International.
“U.S. Customs and Border Protection (reported) that he had booked a flight from PTI Airport in Greensboro to Laguardia Airport in New York,” the news release said.
Ramsey’s bond is set at $200,000. His next court date is set for October 7.
- Sources: Security officers pulled off job at St. Augustine’s
- 2 dead as Imelda strands drivers, floods homes in Texas
- 29 years later, identity still unknown of woman found dead along I-40 in Orange County
- Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders kicks off college tour at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Canada’s Trudeau comes under fire over brownface photo
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now