HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A man shot his “longtime friend” in the face during a dispute last week just outside Hillsborough, officials say.
The incident happened early September 5 on Rencher Street, according to a news release from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities say that “an argument escalated” and that a 42-year-old man was shot by his friend, Jermaine Andrew Ramsey, 36.
The victim is recovering from a .40 caliber gunshot wound, the news release said.
Ramsey was arrested Saturday at the Greensboro airport Piedmont Triad International.
“U.S. Customs and Border Protection (reported) that he had booked a flight from PTI Airport in Greensboro to Laguardia Airport in New York,” the news release said.
Ramsey’s bond is set at $200,000. His next court date is set for October 7.
- Campbell women’s soccer takes conference title, learns Monday their foe in NCAA Tournament
- Triangle doctors discuss rare clots found in handful of J&J COVID-19 vaccine recipients
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it
- NC women takeing classes to protect themselves after sexual assault and violence
- Man charged with hit-and-run in Raleigh crash that injured motorcyclist, closed US 1 for hours