(CNN) – Mattel is launching new dolls aimed at breaking gender barriers.
The toy company’s new gender-inclusive dolls are called “Creatable World.”
The figures come in kits with different hair, clothes and accessory options. Some are more feminine and others are masculine.
Children can create their own custom doll by applying any combination of these accessories.
The move comes after Mattel spent years updating its iconic Barbie doll, which is now available in a variety of skin tones and body types. There is also a Barbie that comes in a wheelchair.
The new “Creatable World” dolls will retail for about $44.
- Mystery masks: Unsolicited face masks from China arriving in Florida mailboxes
- Raleigh crash with injuries shuts down part of I-87/US 64
- ‘Hate Monger’: New Stephen Miller book outlines roots of Trump aide’s white nationalist agenda
- Algae bloom at Virginia Beach results in ‘foul smell’ and discolored water
- Woman sought at NC coast after dog bites 2 people during beach walk, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now