(CNN) – Mattel is launching new dolls aimed at breaking gender barriers.
The toy company’s new gender-inclusive dolls are called “Creatable World.”
The figures come in kits with different hair, clothes and accessory options. Some are more feminine and others are masculine.
Children can create their own custom doll by applying any combination of these accessories.
The move comes after Mattel spent years updating its iconic Barbie doll, which is now available in a variety of skin tones and body types. There is also a Barbie that comes in a wheelchair.
The new “Creatable World” dolls will retail for about $44.
- 12-year veteran of Highway Patrol identified as trooper hit during Vance County traffic stop
- Downed power lines close Highway 55 in downtown Durham
- Sexually abusive dance coach sentenced to more than 50 years in Virginia prison
- VIDEO: Woman hit in face with blender during argument with McDonald’s manager
- World’s largest treehouse burns down in Tennessee
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now