(CNN/WPRI) — One helped spark the Civil Rights Movement, the other was a pioneer in space. Now, Rosa Parks and astronaut Sally Ride are the newest Barbie dolls.
Both dolls come with authentic clothing, unique accessories, and educational material about each woman’s contribution to society.
Mattel said both women, “made the world better for future generations of girls.”
Rosa Parks was an American activist who in 1955 refused to give up her bus seat to a white man and sparked the Montgomery bus boycott.
Sally Ride was the first American woman and the youngest American to fly in space.
The dolls are part of Mattel’s “Inspiring Women” series. Amelia Earhart, Katherine Johnson and Frida Kahlo are also part of the collection.
- COVID-19 within NC State’s program causes Virginia game to be postponed
- Protesters, some armed, descend on Michigan, Ohio and South Carolina statehouses
- 1 rescued from mobile home fire near Garner
- Baby giraffe, born while the world watched, dies at Nashville zoo
- How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday Sunday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now