SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Mattel is reportedly going to launch a limited-edition Barbie in celebration of the Mexican holiday “Day of the Dead.”
“Barbie Día de Muertos” will reportedly feature the doll wearing a long black dress embroidered with flowers, skulls, and butterflies in colorful patterns.
Her skull is created with face paint representing the dead.
The Mexican holiday, which begins on Oct. 31 and runs through Nov. 2, is celebrated by friends and family honoring late loved ones.
Families gather together to eat, pray, and oftentimes visit cemeteries to decorate the graves of their late family members with altars.
“Barbie Día de Muertos” will be released on September 12, and will cost $75, according to Revelist.
Mattel recently added several dolls based on historic figures in its lineup, including Rosa Parks and Sally Ride.
Latest News Headlines:
- Fayetteville 2-year-old dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound, police say
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- Massachusetts man puts up electric fence to protect Trump campaign sign
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- ‘My sister is a fighter’ – NC domestic violence victim survives being shot in face
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now