MEBANE, N.C. (WGHP) — A man was arrested after assaulting a woman with a disability, according to the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office.
At about 5:44 p.m. Saturday, deputies responded to a home at Pine Lake Mobile Home Park at 2422 S. N.C. 119 in Mebane.
At the scene, a woman told deputies that George Baker Beale, 62, had assaulted her during an argument.
The woman said Beale grabbed her by the neck and threw her to the floor while choking her, police say.
She said the man then sat on her to keep her from getting up, according to an arrest report.
Deputies also spoke with a woman who says she witnessed the attack.
Beale was arrested and charged with felony assault on an individual with a disability.
He received a $25,000 secured bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- “We want justice!” Dozens honor life of 15-year-old killed in Durham shooting
- Plane crashes in Pennsylvania neighborhood while trying to land
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Four killed in Sunday plane crash near Waco, Texas
- Video shows woman attacking members of California tribe protesting border wall
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now