CAIRNS, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA (BRPROUD) – According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, Arachnophobia is a “pathological fear or loathing of arachnids and especially spiders.”
If spiders scare you, this might not be the story for you.
An Australian man named Jake Gray posted a picture of a spider on the Australian spider identification Facebook page.
That picture is making its way around the globe and Gray has quite a story to tell.
The spider in the picture is named Charlotte and it is a Banded Huntsman Spider, according to Gray.
Gray says that Charlotte moves from room to room and never bothers anyone in the home.
Charlotte is not small as the spider comes in at 15 cm wide.
Gray has watched the spider grow to that size over the last year in his mother’s home.
One good thing about Charlotte is that the spider “eats all of the bugs,” according to Gray.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 2 adults, 3 kids displaced after Fayetteville house fire, officials say
- Country music icon Dolly Parton turns 75
- Goldsboro man killed after car plunges off of Wilmington roadway near bridge
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- Mets general manager admits sending explicit texts, images to female reporter, report says