(WIAT) — Microsoft officially revealed their next-generation console, the Xbox Series X, during “The Game Awards” Thursday.
During the awards show, Microsoft released a trailer for the new console, showcasing its tower-based design. Phil Spencer, the head of Xbox, appeared on stage to talk about the Series X, saying that it is the “fastest, most powerful Xbox,” and will “set a new bar for performance, speed, [and] compatibility.”
Spencer said developers are already working on new games for the highly-anticipated console. He also unveiled in-engine footage from the new game “Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2.” Watch these reveals, and “The Game Awards” here.
Shortly after the Xbox Series X was revealed, Microsoft posted additional information about it on their website. Click here to read about the hardware specs, technical expectations, and what has arguably been the most requested feature from gamers: the future of backward compatibility.
- Report: Joe Biden selects his running mate, announcement coming as early as Tuesday
- 21-year-old Florida man recovers from mild COVID-19, then his organs began to fail
- Viral video shows man hanging off back of truck at high speeds on Colorado highway
- COVID-19 cases among children in U.S. up 90% over 4 weeks, report says
- Perseid meteor shower to peak Tuesday night; here’s how to watch
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now