(WIAT) — Microsoft officially revealed their next-generation console, the Xbox Series X, during “The Game Awards” Thursday.
During the awards show, Microsoft released a trailer for the new console, showcasing its tower-based design. Phil Spencer, the head of Xbox, appeared on stage to talk about the Series X, saying that it is the “fastest, most powerful Xbox,” and will “set a new bar for performance, speed, [and] compatibility.”
Spencer said developers are already working on new games for the highly-anticipated console. He also unveiled in-engine footage from the new game “Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2.” Watch these reveals, and “The Game Awards” here.
Shortly after the Xbox Series X was revealed, Microsoft posted additional information about it on their website. Click here to read about the hardware specs, technical expectations, and what has arguably been the most requested feature from gamers: the future of backward compatibility.
- 14-year-old girl wins $25,000 prize for research on potential coronavirus cure
- Man hospitalized after multiple bullet holes found in parked car, Durham police say
- In North Carolina, churches and businesses are supposed to enforce mask use, but many don’t
- NC woman told to pay back nearly $15,000 in unemployment benefits
- North Carolina woman goes to vote; told she’s ineligible because she’s dead
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now