SUMTER, S.C. (WSPA) – Officials in Sumter announced Tuesday that missing 5-year-old Nevaeh Adams’ remains were found in the Richland Landfill.
7 News previously reported Nevaeh was killed along side her mother back in August.
Sumter Police Chief Russell Roark said Daunte Johnson, 28, told detectives on August 5 he dumped the girl’s body in a trash bin at a Sumter apartment.
Roark said a trash truck unloaded the complex’s bins before 29-year-old Sharee Bradley’s body was found and Nevaeh Adams was reported missing.
Crews found Adams’ remains last Friday at the site on Screaming Eagle Road, officials said during a press conference. Crews had been searching for her body since August.
The remains were tested and determined to be Nevaeh’s.
Johnson has been charged with two counts of murder.
- Netflix star Marie Kondo launches online shop
- Police: Three dead after shooting at an Oklahoma Walmart
- A unique meteor shower coming this week
- Cat food sold nationwide recalled over potential risks to pets and humans
- As many as 20,000 letters, cards sent in for NC superintendent’s ‘Letters to Troops’ drive
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now