RALEIGH, NC (WNCN/CNN) – Time to get your pumpkins lined up and say goodbye to summer-it’s officially Fall!
The autumnal equinox began Monday at 3:50 a.m. ET.
This is the mid-point between the longest and shortest days of the year. It’s the moment when the sun is directly over the equator and the earth gets nearly the same amount of daylight and darkness.
Even though fall is here, it still may feel summer-like for a little longer.
According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, much of the US will have warmer-than-normal temperatures for part of the fall.
- Fail foliage expected to peak for some North Carolina mountains this weekend
- Police release new details in assault following Luke Bryan concert in Raleigh
- ‘Mo’ named first dog travel agent for Visit North Carolina
- Attorney offers to represent 3-year-old’s abductor for $1
- Pilot dies when aircraft goes down near Moore County runway
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now