DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A man riding a moped died Monday morning after a collision with a car, according to a news release from Durham police.
The crash happened just before 7:45 a.m. Police said the moped, driven by 59-year-old Harold Taylor, collided by a 2018 Nissan Altima driven by 41-year-old Khedron Mims.
The initial investigation indicated that Mims was driving east on Juniper Street and stopped at the stop sign at North Guthrie Avenue. He then pulled forward and stopped in the intersection.
The moped, which had the right of way, collided with the left front side of the Altima, police said.
Taylor died at the scene.
Investigators said neither speed nor alcohol appeared to factor into the crash. Mims was charged with failure to yield right of way and misdemeanor death by vehicle.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now