DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A man riding a moped died Monday morning after a collision with a car, according to a news release from Durham police.
The crash happened just before 7:45 a.m. Police said the moped, driven by 59-year-old Harold Taylor, collided by a 2018 Nissan Altima driven by 41-year-old Khedron Mims.
The initial investigation indicated that Mims was driving east on Juniper Street and stopped at the stop sign at North Guthrie Avenue. He then pulled forward and stopped in the intersection.
The moped, which had the right of way, collided with the left front side of the Altima, police said.
Taylor died at the scene.
Investigators said neither speed nor alcohol appeared to factor into the crash. Mims was charged with failure to yield right of way and misdemeanor death by vehicle.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Nominate a Frontline hero for a free roof from Ridge Valley Exteriors
- Officials: Man in Joker mask charged after setting Chicago cop car on fire
- Save money on your utilities with Sigora Solar
- Tuesday, June 2nd : Save money each month with solar power, Nominate a frontline worker for a FREE roof
- Local religious leaders ‘confused’ by President Trump’s ‘political’ photo op at Washington D.C. church
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now