More than 38,000 pounds of ground beef are being recalled because they were not inspected before they were imported into the United States.
The products were distributed in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
On July 13, about 38,406 pounds of raw, frozen, boneless beef head meat was imported. It was then processed into ground beef by another company.
JBS Food Canada ULC is now recalling 80-pound boxes that contain eight 10-pound chubs of “Balter Meat Company 73/27 ground beef.”
The products have “use by/freeze by” dates of Aug. 9 and Aug. 10 and pack dates of July 20, July 21 or July 22. The lot codes are 2020A or 2030A on the label.
The establishment number listed on the products is “EST. 11126” in the USDA mark of inspection.
No cases of adverse reactions have been reported.
The USDA urges anyone who has these products to throw away or return them.
- Clorox Company creating 158 new jobs in Durham
- Biden becomes 1st presidential candidate to reach 80 million votes
- Durham police investigating after man found shot to death inside home
- Mid-season makeovers: HGTV host Kelly Edwards shares top home improvement secrets
- Tuesday, November 24th: HGTV’s Kelly Edwards talks easy home improvements, Annual Jingle Ball goes virtual