NASHVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools officials announced Monday night that Superintendent Dr. Shelton Jefferies would resign.
The Nash-Rocky Mount Board of Education accepted Jefferies’ resignation during a meeting Monday evening, according to a news release from the school system.
Brian Miller, the chief of staff for the school system, was chosen to fill in until an interim superintendent is chosen, the news release said.
The last day for Jefferies will be Friday.
“The board will begin the process of selecting interim leadership and its next superintendent immediately,” the news release said.
- Using hand sanitizer may be giving you a false sense of security
- Dog dies after saving family from Florida house fire
- Obama says presidents shouldn’t watch TV
- Washington Monument reopens after 3-year closure for repairs
- Uptick seen in rare mosquito-borne virus in some US states
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now