PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) - TriMet is conducting an internal investigation after pictures of a "MAGA" sign appeared iin the front window of a MAX Train on Monday and circulated on social media.
TriMet spokeswoman Roberta Altstadt said the sign has since been removed. She also didn't explicitly say how the sign got there or who put it there.
A 'MAGA' sign was caught on camera in the windshield of a TriMet MAX Train on June 11, 2018.
Altstadt added: "While TriMet values freedom of speech, we do have a policy that employees cannot be involved in political activity while on the job."
MAGA is an acronym for "Make America Great Again," a slogan coined by President Donald Trump during his 2016 election campaign.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- NC TEACHER ENGAGED IN SEX ACTS WITH STUDENT, SHERIFF SAYS
- 3 ARRESTED IN LARGEST HEROIN SEIZURE IN NASH COUNTY HISTORY, DEPUTIES SAY
- 3 ARRESTED AFTER ELDERLY COUPLE ROBBED AT GUNPOINT IN GREENVILLE
- 4 CHILDREN, GUNMAN DEAD AFTER FLORIDA STANDOFF
- OLYMPIC SKIER BODE MILLER'S TODDLER DAUGHTER DROWNS IN POOL
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Plane overshoots NC runway, ends up on street
- Alcohol a factor in deadly NC motorcycle crash, officials say
- Efforts underway to legalize marijuana in NC
- Ride held to honor NC dad who died in motorcycle crash