MOORE, Okla. (KFOR) – A juvenile was killed and multiple were injured Monday in an auto-pedestrian accident near a high school in Oklahoma, officials said.
First responders were called to the 300 block of North Eastern in Moore, Oklahoma on Monday afternoon. The scene was near Moore High School.
Officials said six students were hit and one has been killed. Three of the students are in critical condition.
The victims were taken to the OU Medical Center. They are being treated in the trauma bay.
Moore Police and Public School officials said that the students were cross country athletes that were running for practice when they were struck.
The suspect is a 56-year-old white male.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Biden becomes 1st presidential candidate to reach 80 million votes
- Durham police investigating after man found shot to death inside home
- Mid-season makeovers: HGTV host Kelly Edwards shares top home improvement secrets
- Tuesday, November 24th: HGTV’s Kelly Edwards talks easy home improvements, Annual Jingle Ball goes virtual
- Salvation Army distributes Thanksgiving meals, calls on others to meet demand