COON RAPIDS, Iowa (CBS Newspath/KCCI) — Multiple law enforcement agencies assisted with a car chase Sunday afternoon.
According to the Iowa State Patrol, a 14-year-old girl stole a Coon Rapids Police Department squad car.
While authorities didn’t tell KCCI how the girl managed to steal the squad car, ISP said the chase reached up to speeds over 110 mph.
Law enforcement used stop sticks and the vehicle was stopped on Highway 141 near Perry, which is about 25 miles from Coon Rapids.
While there was damage to the Coon Rapids patrol car and a Perry Police Department patrol vehicle, no one was injured.
Authorities are currently filing charges against the teenager including first-degree theft, theft of firearms, eluding and several traffic charges.
ISP says Coon Rapids, Perry, Dallas County, Guthrie County and Greene County law enforcement agencies assisted with the chase.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Teen ‘Jane Doe’ identified in 54-year-old Texas cold case
- Trump pardons ex-strategist Steve Bannon, Lil Wayne, dozens of others
- Full list: All the pardons and commutations issued by President Trump in 2021
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19
- Winning jackpot numbers for Mega Millions are chosen