NEW YORK (WFLA) — The girl snatched from a New York City sidewalk in front of her mother Monday night has been found safe, the New York City Police Department said.
Details about where Sanchez was found and how she escaped have not been released by police.
Two men snatched 16-year-old Karol Sanchez off a New York City sidewalk Monday night in an apparent kidnapping captured on security cameras, authorities said. She was quickly the subject of an Amber Alert.
Sanchez was with her 36-year-old mom walking on a sidewalk in the Bronx about a mile east of Yankee Stadium at 11:20 p.m. when a beige-colored four-door sedan pulled up.
“Two unknown males exited the vehicle, grabbed the 16-year-old female, and dragged her inside the vehicle while pushing the victim’s mother to the ground,” according to an NYPD statement.
“The vehicle, also occupied by two additional unknown males, then fled east bound,” the police statement said. “The mother, left at the scene, was not injured and refused medical attention.”
- NC Gov. Cooper orders flags to be at half-staff Monday in honor of Memorial Day
- ReOpen NC group plans marches in Raleigh, other cities on Memorial Day
- Bacteria levels high along Neuse River as testing continues this year in Triangle
- Clinic offering free COVID-19 testing for uninsured Franklin County residents
- NC sheriff’s office mourning loss of deputy, wife
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now