OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) – Authorities have confirmed a man died after he chased down a suspect who stole his laptop computer at a Starbucks.
Authorities in Oakland say the man died of head injuries after being taken by ambulance to a hospital.
His identity was not immediately released.
Authorities say the customer was working on his computer Tuesday when a suspect snatched the device and ran before driving off in a nearby vehicle.
Authorities said Wednesday afternoon that two suspects have been arrested.
No other details were immediately available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 3 teens arrested in string of violent robberies in Fayetteville, police say
- Years-long nurse shortage in NC exacerbated by pandemic, officials say
- 27 veterans die in COVID-19 outbreak at Illinois VA home
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey expected to miss game against Minnesota Vikings
- New mask material created at NC State makes up for shortage of N95, surgical masks