(AP) — A cruise ship has scraped another while docking in the Mexican Caribbean resort of Cozumel, damaging at least one of the boats and resulting in a minor injury to a passenger.
Carnival Cruise Line says the Carnival Glory ship was maneuvering when it “made contact” with the Carnival Legend Friday morning.
Videos shot by startled passengers show the noisy, slow-moving accident which left the part of the Glory mangled at the stern.
The cruise line says it is assessing the damage but the seaworthiness of the ships was not impacted.
A guest suffered a minor injury in the evacuation of a dining room.
- Democrats prepare $2.4T virus relief measure
- NC GOP announces list of State Board of Elections nominees after 2 resign
- Attorney says school district ‘misapplied law’ in arresting woman with no mask at football game
- First man cured of HIV infection now has terminal cancer
- Video released of alleged kidnapping attempt in Costco parking lot
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now