BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — The FBI has arrested two Florida women accused of being involved in the sex trafficking of minors.
The Broward County Human Trafficking Task Force arrested Hollywood resident Kiara Nunez, 21, and Coral Springs resident Alexandra Ramirez, 19, last week.
Court documents allege the women were sex trafficking two 15-year-old girls from Oct. 2019 through Jan. 2020. Police recovered one of the girls during an undercover human trafficking operation at a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale on Jan. 29.
Police said that an online advertisement from the Ft. Lauderdale area promoting sex in exchange for money tipped them off. The ad reportedly contained nude images of young females, later identified as the victims in the case.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Lorentz’s 1st NHL goal is difference as ‘Canes end road trip with win over Predators
- Triangle-area health department officials react to move to vaccinate rest of frontline workers
- Georgia Tech tops Duke in overtime to win 5th in a row
- Triangle residents with underlying conditions look forward to receiving COVID-19 vaccine
- Duke University announces plans for in-person spring commencement