LAKE STATION, Ind. (WXIN) — Police arrested four men accused of trying to rob a woman of her stimulus money, according to the Times of Northwest Indiana.
On Sunday morning just before 6 a.m., a woman drove to the Lake Station Police Department to report she was held against her will inside her home by four men she knew, WXIN reports.
The victim said the men broke into her home around 1:30 a.m. They stole her phone so she couldn’t call 911, and one of the men had a gun.
She told police the men knew she recently received her stimulus check, and they wanted to rob her.
She said they left after holding her captive inside her home for four hours. They told her not to leave because they would return, but when she was sure they were gone, she drove to the police station.
Paul David Blankenship, Phillip David Guzman, Christopher William Jay Henderson, and Jacob Baughman were arrested a short time later, the Times of Northwest Indiana reports.
They each face the following charges: burglary with a deadly weapon, attempt to commit armed robbery, criminal confinement while armed with a deadly weapon, burglary of a dwelling, and residential entry break and enter.
- Dunkin’ offers free coffee in National Coffee Day ‘takeover’
- 1 in critical condition after explosion, structure fire at Duplin County mobile home
- Americans load up on Halloween candy while waiting to see if trick or treating will happen
- NC Senator to introduce bill that would defund cities that defund police
- Bus-size asteroid to zoom by Earth, ducking below satellites
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now