HOUSTON — A 5-year-old boy was making TikTok videos on his balcony when he was shot, according to his family and the medical examiner, KTRK reports.
At about 9 p.m. March 31, 5-year-old Jordan Allen Jr. was with his family sitting on the balcony porch of their second-floor home on the 8500 block of Richmond Avenue.
“He just told me to get him some juice, that’s why I stepped in the house to get him some juice,” Jordan Allen Sr. told KTRK.
Then, five to six shots range out, and Allen Jr. was shot in the head by a stray bullet.
“Everybody ran in the house and the kids’ room in the house, so I ran to the porch, and then I see my son on the ground holding his head asking for my help,” Allen Sr. said.
The shooter drove away from the scene.
Monday morning, his family took him off of life support, according to KTRK.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at (713) 222-8477.
- Man seriously injured in armed robbery at his Durham home
- 12 arrested following Saturday night protests through downtown Raleigh
- Pair nabbed with 6.5 kilos of cocaine in arrest along I-95 in Nash County, deputies say
- Trump says he’s extending offshore drilling ban off North Carolina coast
- NC agencies work with FBI to arrest trio on firearms, drug-related charges
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now