CONROE, Tx. (WNCN) — Police in Conroe, Texas say a 6-year-old girl died after she was run over by a school bus, police tell CBS-affiliate KHOU.
Police tell KHOU that the girl was running late for the bus and she ran in front of it just as it was driving off.
The bus driver told police she did not see the girl when the incident happened around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday morning.
According to KHOU, the girl was rushed to the hospital where she later died.
According to the Conroe Police Department, the bus’s dashcam backs up the driver’s story, KHOU reports.
“The Conroe Police Department sends prayers to the family, witnesses, and emergency responders for this tragedy,” Conroe police said in a statement to KHOU.
- Powerhouse US swim team shines with 6 medals, 1st US gold
- Former St. Augustine’s track star heads to Tokyo Olympics as member of Jamaican hurdle team
- Pedestrian hit, killed by DWI driver, NC police say
- Doctors warn about slightly different symptoms with delta variant of COVID
- Fayetteville motorcyclist hit by Dodge Charger, killed; driver, passenger on the run