ASPEN GROVE, UTAH — A 6-year-old boy was killed in a “tragic” snowplow accident Friday, according to a Utah County Sheriff’s Office news release.
Herman Slaughter was riding on a Kubota Skid Steer with his father and 9-year-old brother around 8 a.m.
They were removing snow at Aspen Grove Family Camp when Herman fell forward onto the path of the snowplow after the loader “bounced or lurched.”
He was critically injured when he was hit in the head by the bucket or arm of the Skid Steer, deputies say.
His father performed CPR until paramedics arrived.
Herman was then pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators said the accident was “tragic.”
- Several protesters arrested during demonstration on Capital Blvd.
- Report: NFL to play Black national anthem before ‘Star-Spangled Banner’ at season-opening games
- Final work underway for July 4th fireworks show at Fort Bragg
- Demonstrators block Capital Blvd. in Raleigh after protest at Executive Mansion over SB 168
- NC animal control crews working to get bear out of tree
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now