According to Chief Michael Brunson, it happened around 12:45 p.m. at Serenity Funeral Home where a funeral service was taking place for a homicide victim.
The shooting victims are both male and female and between the ages of 28 and 48 years old. They are all currently in stable condition at the hospital.
“Our prayers are with the victims and their family members during this terrible time. This is an untenable situation. This brazen act that was done in broad daylight is just unacceptable in our city,” the chief said during a press conference.
Mayor Tom Barrett called the shooting “an example of the insanity we’re seeing” with the number of guns on Milwaukee streets.
Cedric Guy, owner of Serenity Funeral Home, said there were about 100 mourners gathered at the time. They were there for the funeral of Braxton Taylor, the 26-year-old victim of a Sept. 17 shooting.
It’s unclear what led up to the shooting. No arrests have been made.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Bikers gather to honor memory of Florida officer killed in line of duty in 2005
- Woman, 2 men killed, another woman injured after BMW hits tree, splits in half in Virginia
- 3 dead, woman seriously injured after car hits tree along Norfolk road
- Family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in California motorcycle crash
- Coast Guard Foundation steps in to help families after deadly fire at Outer Banks
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now