NEW YORK, N.Y. (WJW) – “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek got a little emotional during Monday’s show.
Contestant Dhruv Gaur didn’t know the answer to the “Final Jeopardy” question so he opted for words of encouragement for the longtime host who is battling pancreatic cancer.
“We love you, Alex!” he wrote.
“That’s very kind of you,” Trebek said.
In March, Trebek announced that he had been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, which has a five-year survival rate of 9 percent. He teamed up with the World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition last month for a public service announcement.
“I wish I had known sooner that the persistent stomach pain I experienced before my diagnosis was a symptom of pancreatic cancer,” he said in the video. “Other common symptoms can include mid back pain, unexplained weight loss, new onset diabetes and the yellowing of the skin or eyes.”
Trebek has been the host of “Jeopardy!” for more than 30 years.
- Reminder: No-cost, at-home COVID-19 test kits are available in NC. Here’s how to get one.
- Can my employer legally ask if I received the COVID-19 vaccine?
- 10 years ago Friday, 30 tornados swept across NC, killing 24
- Man dies after collapsing at Durham County Detention Center, sheriff’s office says
- Families hope loved ones can be found alive in capsized boat