NEW YORK, N.Y. (WJW) – “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek got a little emotional during Monday’s show.
Contestant Dhruv Gaur didn’t know the answer to the “Final Jeopardy” question so he opted for words of encouragement for the longtime host who is battling pancreatic cancer.
“We love you, Alex!” he wrote.
“That’s very kind of you,” Trebek said.
In March, Trebek announced that he had been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, which has a five-year survival rate of 9 percent. He teamed up with the World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition last month for a public service announcement.
“I wish I had known sooner that the persistent stomach pain I experienced before my diagnosis was a symptom of pancreatic cancer,” he said in the video. “Other common symptoms can include mid back pain, unexplained weight loss, new onset diabetes and the yellowing of the skin or eyes.”
Trebek has been the host of “Jeopardy!” for more than 30 years.
- 2 new clinical trials underway in Wilmington for COVID-19 vaccines
- ‘Be a Santa to a Senior’ hopes to warm hearts of isolated NC elderly during pandemic
- Michigan election board certifies victory for Biden, another setback in Trump’s effort to overturn election results
- Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol
- Beating the flu and coronavirus during winter months