NEW YORK, N.Y. (WJW) – “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek got a little emotional during Monday’s show.
Contestant Dhruv Gaur didn’t know the answer to the “Final Jeopardy” question so he opted for words of encouragement for the longtime host who is battling pancreatic cancer.
“We love you, Alex!” he wrote.
“That’s very kind of you,” Trebek said.
In March, Trebek announced that he had been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, which has a five-year survival rate of 9 percent. He teamed up with the World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition last month for a public service announcement.
“I wish I had known sooner that the persistent stomach pain I experienced before my diagnosis was a symptom of pancreatic cancer,” he said in the video. “Other common symptoms can include mid back pain, unexplained weight loss, new onset diabetes and the yellowing of the skin or eyes.”
Trebek has been the host of “Jeopardy!” for more than 30 years.
- 12 witnesses say cops didn’t ID themselves in Breonna Taylor raid, attorneys say
- Viral video shows woman tased at Ohio middle school for not wearing mask, forcibly removed from game
- Extra time off giving Tar Heels chance to hit restart button on season
- Video captures officer rolling bicycle over Seattle protester’s head during Breonna Taylor demonstrations
- Durham mayor says white anarchists took over racial justice protest, causing damage to businesses
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now