PASO ROBLES, Calif. (KSEE/KGPE) — An active shooter was reported in Paso Robles, California Thursday afternoon following the shooting of a deputy Wednesday, according to the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities reported gunfire around 2:30 p.m. in the area of Ramada Drive and Volpi Ysabel Road.
The public has been asked to avoid the area.
The sheriff’s office has issued a reverse 911 shelter in place message to residents within a two-mile radius of Volpi Ysabel Road.
The active-shooter incident follows the shooting of a sheriff’s deputy by a suspected transient on Wednesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book
- Twitter transitions @POTUS account to Joe Biden
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?
- Inauguration Day palindrome kicks off a 10-day stretch
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob