PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Officials say a 10-year-old boy shot during a New Jersey high school football playoff game has died.
The announcement came just before the two teams playing when gunfire broke out were set to resume the final minutes at the Philadelphia Eagles’ home field Wednesday.
Charges against the suspected gunman have been upgraded to murder. He also faces two counts of attempted murder and weapons charges.
A 27-year-old man was shot Friday, and a 15-year-old boy was grazed. Six men have been charged, including the man shot.
The game between Pleasantville High School and Camden High is being played at Lincoln Financial Field. The Eagles offered up their stadium to play out the remaining 17 minutes.
The game will be streamed on NJ.com.
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
- Slain UPS driver’s family questions police response to chase after truck hijacked
- Actor Ron Leibman dead at 82; starred in ‘Norma Rae’ with Sally Field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now