PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Officials say a 10-year-old boy shot during a New Jersey high school football playoff game has died.
The announcement came just before the two teams playing when gunfire broke out were set to resume the final minutes at the Philadelphia Eagles’ home field Wednesday.
Charges against the suspected gunman have been upgraded to murder. He also faces two counts of attempted murder and weapons charges.
A 27-year-old man was shot Friday, and a 15-year-old boy was grazed. Six men have been charged, including the man shot.
The game between Pleasantville High School and Camden High is being played at Lincoln Financial Field. The Eagles offered up their stadium to play out the remaining 17 minutes.
The game will be streamed on NJ.com.
- 8 displaced after kitchen fire at Chapel Hill senior living facility
- California doctor shot and killed during trip with son, who hid from gunman in wilderness for 30 hours
- Waterspout moves ashore at NC coast, officials confirm tornado
- Baby goes home after spending 10 months in the hospital fighting for her life
- Florida man finds human head while out jogging, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now