RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Among all the negative information with the COVID-19 pandemic, there has also been some good news.
BP and Amoco announced that their gas stations will be offering 50 cents off per gallon to local first responders, doctors, nurses and hospital workers.
“Thank you for being on the front lines and keeping our communities healthy and safe. We are honored to be supporting you and helping you get where you need to go,” the company said on its website.
The promotion allows certain essential workers to take the discount on their next fill up.
With gas prices across North Carolina averaging around $1.78 per gallon, the savings could easily mean gas for just over $1 a gallon.
Those who want to sign up need to verify their status through ID.me, which is a website that “simplifies how individuals prove and share their identity online.”
- WFPD: Woman stuffs keys into her mouth after telling police she wasn’t driving
- Israel to offer 3rd COVID booster shot to older citizens
- Washington Football Team president says list of names substantially narrowed down
- Sponsored Content: How to Make Taking Financial Risks Feel Safe
- Wake County sees COVID-19 testing jump by more than 40%