RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Among all the negative information with the COVID-19 pandemic, there has also been some good news.
BP and Amoco announced that their gas stations will be offering 50 cents off per gallon to local first responders, doctors, nurses and hospital workers.
“Thank you for being on the front lines and keeping our communities healthy and safe. We are honored to be supporting you and helping you get where you need to go,” the company said on its website.
The promotion allows certain essential workers to take the discount on their next fill up.
With gas prices across North Carolina averaging around $1.78 per gallon, the savings could easily mean gas for just over $1 a gallon.
Those who want to sign up need to verify their status through ID.me, which is a website that “simplifies how individuals prove and share their identity online.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- FDA places import alert on Mexican hand sanitizers over ‘toxic ingredients’ – see the list of sanitizers to avoid
- Winston-Salem police investigating after body found is identified as man missing since November
- Biggest snow of season still on track overnight for central NC
- Convenience vs. privacy: How apps like Facebook Messenger spy on users
- Anticipation of snow leads to schedule changes for central NC schools, colleges