MONROE, La. — A baby bear has been spotted in North Monroe and officials are asking residents to not engage with the bear.
According to a Tweet from the City of Monroe, the bear was spotted in the Valencia & Edgewood Streets area of north Monroe on Friday morning.
The Monroe Police Department and State Wildlife & Fisheries are working to capture the bear.
Officials are asking residents to not try to engage or capture the bear.
Footage sent in by a viewer, shown above, shows the bear cub come within a few feet of a local child on Friday morning. It appears that both the bear cub and the child spooked each other, causing the cub to flee the scene.
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- DoorDash driver somehow survives being swept beneath city by floodwaters
- Trump says he recently ‘aced’ a cognitive test, surprising doctors with his ‘unbelievable’ performance
- Fayetteville educator named North Carolina’s teacher of the year
- Poll shows second stimulus check needed to help Americans pay bills
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now