SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Many hearts across the country are broken Sunday night, as they mourn the tragic loss of retired NBA legend Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter.
Bryant, 41, and his daughter, Gianna, were among nine people killed in a helicopter crash in Southern California Sunday morning. An outpouring of grief and sadness spread all over social media after the news of his death broke.
The NBA legend, his daughter and the seven other people aboard the chopper were on their way to a basketball game when it crashed.
Bryant is among the eligible candidates for the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame’s Class of 2020 in Springfield in September.
Below are social media reactions from fans and celebrities.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 4-year-old dies from child abuse, SC police say; mom, boyfriend charged
- When can you be around others? CDC updates coronavirus guidance
- Walt Disney World to reopen its Florida theme parks starting July 11
- COVID-19 in NC: Record number of hospitalizations reported by NCDHHS
- WATCH: Angry masked shoppers shout unmasked people out of grocery store
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now